Drafts 24.2 Released - Icon Search

Drafts 24.2 has been released:

Details below. For a complete history of updates, visit:

Icon Keyword Search

Not a huge additional, but a nice convenience…

1 Like

Drafts 24.2 (iOS) Release Notes

What’s New

• Icon keyword searching. When selecting icons for workspaces and actions, search is available to help locate useful icons by keyword.
  • Web capture template used in share extension now supports [[date]] and [[time]] tags to allow incorporation of timestamps when capturing from Safari.
  • ActionGroup script object has installURL [string] property to access the shareable URL to import the group. Docs
  • /getCurrentDraft URL action. Takes no parameters, calls x-success URL with parameters for the uuid, url, title, content of current draft. Docs
  • context.addSuccessParameter(key, value) method to assign query arg parameters to be included with the x-success callback of /runAction URLs. Docs

Other Changes and Update

• Fix: Better refresh of widgets after drafts are created/altered outside of the app (via extensions and shortcuts).
  • Fix: On a cold start of app some URLs might not get routed properly.
  • Fix: Complication issue on watchOS versions less than 7.
  • Fix: Display issue with buttons in find window on iOS 12.
  • Fix: Address several crashers.

Drafts 24.2 (macOS) Release Notes

What’s New

• Icon keyword searching. When selecting icons for workspaces and actions, search is available to help locate useful icons by keyword.
  • Web capture template used in share extension now supports [[date]] and [[time]] tags to allow incorporation of timestamps when capturing from Safari.
  • ActionGroup script object has installURL [string] property to access the shareable URL to import the group. Docs
  • /getCurrentDraft URL action. Takes no parameters, calls x-success URL with parameters for the uuid, url, title, content of current draft. Docs
  • context.addSuccessParameter(key, value) method to assign query arg parameters to be included with the x-success callback of /runAction URLs. Docs

Other Changes and Updates

• Fix: Timing issue which could prevent actions which open URLs from saving “after success” changes at times.
  • Change: Increase allowable width of filter sidebar, and place tool tip on tag name to allow full tag name to be seen if a long tag is truncated.
  • Fix: Line height calculation problem on blank line at end of draft.
  • Fix: Issue with font baseline jumpiness when using Pinyin input of Chinese characters.
  • Fix: A couple of Big Sur display glitches.
  • Fix: Issue were a sufficient number of invisible characters in a draft could make tasks near the end of the document do strange things.
  • Change: Some refactoring of “Send to Drafts” service.

Not huge? I beg to differ. Searching for icons instead of scrolling will be a big timesaver.

2 Likes

But are we in “Ursula Le Guin True Names” territory? Where you have know the name better than just “weird fish”? :slight_smile:

Or are the search terms full of synonyms?

2 Likes

I was hoping to get this great change every time i was manually looking for an specific icon not remembering in which group it was placed.

thanks Greg

1 Like

Is it possible that this release broke “sharing” to Drafts on iOS? I don’t see it in the app list when I hit the share button in other apps any more. I’m on iOS 14.2.

This has been asked and answered here:
https://forums.getdrafts.com/t/24-2-share-extension-has-vanished/9283/5

Thank you very much!