Drafts 20 Released - Cross-linking Drafts + Typewriter Scrolling

I use “” to find things like this. For example “- [ ]” works well.

Inside of [[s: syntax?

Doesn’t need to be in a double bracket [[s: search… you should be able to enter “- [ ] do asap” in the search field above the drafts list…

Sure - but what I am trying to do is use the wiki links syntax to jump directly to a specific line of a draft that includes a task. Before that I am using an action to collect all tasks in active projects which should in a final step write the wiki syntax for every open task In a new draft.

So something like

Project 1

• [ ] task a. [[s:search definition a]]
  • [ ] task b. [[s:search definition b]]

Ah. I see. A wiki-link (as they’re natively defined) only addresses a draft, rather than a location within that draft.

That said, if you haven’t already seen the conversation here => New and Better- Question about Drafts Capabilites [[links]] you might find what you’re looking for…

3 Likes

No, unfortunately it doesn’t appear that will work inside of the [[s: syntax. I wish it did, as things stand I have to do that off the primary search and create extra workspaces then use the [[w: syntax to set up those environments.

What I use this for is keeping track of things I need to discuss or follow up with someone about. For example I might have this line in a draft:

• [ ] John Doe: Did you buy the winning lottery ticket?

In an ideal world I’d love to set up this using the [[s: syntax in a note of all the people I generally interact with:

• [[s:"- [ ] John Doe"]]
  • [[s:"- [ ] Throckmorton P Ruddygore"]]

That way if I have open items, they would show up in the search, if I check them off they no longer show up. Since I can’t find a way to make that work, I am instead setting up a workgroup for each person I typically interact with and then doing:

• [[w:John Doe]]

to shift to that workgroup. It takes a bit more upfront work, but has it’s advantages too. I do wish there were a way to hide workspaces from the dropdown menu when I’m just using them for this, but I just put them at the bottom.