Drafts 17 (macOS) has been released in the Mac App Store, details below.
(Also, see what’s new in the iOS version)
- Highlight insertion point option to draw different background for current cursor position.
- Editor setting to limit max characters per line. Works along with margin settings to determine a maximum line length. Great for use with full screen mode to prevent excessively long lines.
- For more details, see editor settings docs
- "Run Action" option in drafts list contextual menu. Allows action to be run on multiple selected drafts. Select drafts and right-click to access.
- TouchBar support (when available). Uses same configuration options as Action Bar (but can display different action group).
Two new monochrome editor themes. Available to select in
File > Editor Preferences...
Mediumaction step type to post to Medium.com. Docs
Mediumscript object to support scripting Medium API. Docs
- Script steps now have a new “Allow asynchronous execution” option. When enabled, the action will wait for a call to
script.complete()to know if a script step is finished. This allows use of async/await, Promises and other async function calls…but your script must call
script.complete()of the action will timeout and fail after 60 seconds.
CallbackURLobjects have a read-only
urlproperty to debug the URL which will be used with the configured parameters.
Other Fixes and Changes
- Fix: Hiding action group from list should not remove it from main menu.
Filemanager.readStringwould not return undefined properly when file was not found.
- Fix: Inaccurate action directory URLs used for opening actions posted to the directory.
- Fix: Appending to a flagged draft from the capture window could unflag the draft.
- Misc. additional fixes and stability improvements.
For a complete history of updates, visit the changelog