Drafts 14 (iOS) Released

Drafts 14 (iOS) is now available in the App Store, details below.

• New: Updates to Workspaces and standard Today widget designs.
  • New: drafts5://refresh_text_expander URL to trigger TextExpander refresh. More information in URL scheme documentation.
  • Fix: Issue for first time installs not getting a keyboard row assigned.
  • Fix: Fix for case where keyboard row could appear blank on initial launch.
  • Fix: Workaround a couple of minor issues specific to as yet unreleased software.
  • Fix: Issue with improper handling of expired OAuth tokens in some cases. Notably affecting Gmail and Outlook mail steps which could report successfully sending mail when they did not when not used for a while.
  • Fix: Sync timing issue that could cause some changes (typically archiving or trashing of a draft) to not get synced to other devices properly.

For a complete history of updates, visit the changelog

1 Like

I don’t see this as an update in the App Store. Is there another way to upgrade my iOS version 13.0.2?

Just wait a little while and check again. Probably still making it’s way through Apple’s CDNs.

If you have Clean my Mac with its updater function , you can update from there.

Thanks! Now I need to get to 20 characters. Done!

I wanted to make a keyboard shortcut for refreshing TextExpander, so I made this shortcut. But every time I run it, it crashes the app. Any ideas?

That was my experience also - using the URL from within a Drafts action. Would quite like a “Refresh TextExpander” action step that didn’t crash.

I reported this in the beta release. I think Greg managed to fix the hanging and crashing when launched externally that I reported at the same time. I guess this one still needs some further investigation.

For now I’m using an action to trigger a Shortcut to then trigger the Drafts URL scheme TE refresh option externally. Not perfect by any means, but it is simple to create, works for now, and is still quicker than going through the menu route.

Thanks. BTW I discovered that TextExpander has an AppleScript interface so a daily update of some snippets I might create - think “Taskpaper daily task list” - becomes feasible.

I have a process that allows me to set-up and auto-remove temporary snippets based on using the AppleScript control options for TextExpander and some scheduling. I wrote it up a few years back here. Maybe that’ll give you a jump start?

1 Like

There are times when I’m glad I’m not the first person to have thought of something. I’m not sure whether this is one of them… :slight_smile: