Draftist - a Drafts Action Group for Todoist

Ok interesting. Maybe you’re right and it didn’t replace the file fast enough.
I’ll make a note and look if the confirmation alert is sent too early!

Glad that it works now :+1:t3:

I got the following error message. Ran the setup/update first too. any ideas? thanks!

Did you select „Setup / Update Draftist.js“ in the prompt that appeared when you ran the „Setup/Update Draftist“ action?

If yes, can you confirm that you received a confirmation message “setup/update Draftist succeeded: downloaded the latest version” and you can find the file Draftist.js" in your files app when you navigate to: iCloud Drive > Drafts > Library > Scripts

If no: run the action again and select that option to download the Draftist.js file

yes ran the update and got the green light successful confirmation.
i don’t have icloud drive turned on so where would the drafts folder be? thx!

you know what… i tested on another mac and it worked. it’s the problem with my mac…the company admin turned off icloud drive access… is there a workaround?

The (for now) easiest workaround would be to copy the content of the Draftist.js file into the Script step of the „Draftist“ action (replaced the require(„…“))
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS ON OTHER DEVICES since this will break the update mechanism.

You can get the contents from your other Mac or if you run the „Draftist Setup / Update“ action and select „view newest version“ (this will open the GitHub repository and you can copy the content from there.

I’ll have a look how I can work around the turned off iCloud Drive issue.
I would expect that you receive an error from the file manager but in the script I ignored the return value from the file manager. I will look into it and DM you to resolve that (better than just copying the contents) and post the solution again here.

got it. hey don’t worry about it. thanks for your help

Just wanted to say this action group is amazing. I wish I could use Drafts on my work computer.

1 Like