[Discussion] Strict Cross Linking

Thanks for the replies, so these tips around prefixing would work for meeting notes and info surrounding work colleagues and such but I’ll run into the same issues when you create permanent/evergreen/study notes, which is where the power of cross linking comes into it’s own.

So maybe a different example will highlight the issue I’m coming across if I want to make drafts the tool I use for PKM, which I don’t run into in Obisidan. if I had this note:

# Deterministic System

In [[Computer Science]] a deterministic system is a system that where no randomness is involved in the development of future states. So the same output will always be achieved from a given start condition or initial state.

Then if I have a reference to an article say called

# How a Deterministic System is the way forward

[[Deterministic System]] is the way forward as we move to a state driven  etc. etc.

Now if I link to [[Deterministic System]] from a different note I would run into the same issue.

So if we were able to set in the options that we don’t want a helping hand as all the drafts app is doing is finding notes that have “Deterministic System” in the title and in this case I would want drafts to find the title that is exactly “Deterministic System”.

It works in Obsidian as the name in the bracket has to be a file name. So in this case it would be Deterministic System.md and so it’s almost garunteed that each note is unique, unlike drafts. I guess If I wanted to use drafts instead I could alter my workflow and just link to the references of the note at the bottom instead of inline. Or start adding zettelkasten style IDs to the title to make it unique.

Hopefully this makes it clearer