Delete draft with no confirmation on Mac?

I’m cleaning up drafts by selecting them and hitting the Delete key on the keyboard and I have many to go through so I’m wondering if there’s a way to avoid the confirmation alert to delete them.

I’ve tried holding down all the modifier keys while hitting Delete but no luck there. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you are specifically doing this from Trash. In which case, did you realise that the system will automatically clear them out for you?

• Trash: The trash is where drafts go to be deleted. The trash can be emptied manually, but a draft will be permanently deleted if it has been in the trash for more than 30 days.

I don’t know of a way to turn off or bypass the confirmation, but you can select multiple drafts in the draft list and delete them all at once with a single confirmation. But honestly, I just let the system manage the trash for me. Unless you have something in there that’s confidential that really needs to be off your system, I simply wouldn’t bother; just let the system manage it.

Thanks for the reply, I’m working from a regular workspace and Inbox but your workaround is helpful. I just wish I could hit something like Comand+Delete and not have to confirm that I want the draft to be sent to the trash.

Is this on Mac or iOS?

On Mac, the delete key works in the draft list without confirmation to trash a draft.

On iOS, there is an example “Trash” action in the “Processing” group, you could assign any keyboard shortcut you like to it, and disable “Confirm before running” on the action is you do not want the confirmation. Or you can use the swipe actions which do not require confirmation.

That’s my experience @Mau, and what lead me to the conclusion that you must be working with the trash as that’s the only place I get a deletion confirmation popping up on the Mac.

Sorry to be the “wise guy”.
The title and tag says macOS.