Custom Keyboard Shortcuts?

Hello! I’m using Drafts for Mac, and I was wondering whether there is a way to customise the keyboard shortcuts for things like searching actions. I need to search actions all the time, but the current keyboard shortcut doesn’t work with most of the keyboard layouts I use. How can I go about changing at least this one?

1 Like

I set individual keyboard shortcuts with Keyboard Maestro.

2 Likes

A couple of options:

• Use system keyboard shortcuts. This is a macOS feature, which can be used in any app. Setup in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts. (tutorial)
  • Install/create an action to do what you want. Most things in Drafts can be accessed via script or URL scheme. For example, there is an Action Search action in the directory already. Once you have an action you want, you can assign it a keyboard shortcut. This has the advantage of being cross-platform.
4 Likes

Thank you very much. Strangely, once I installed the “Action Search” action from the directory, the default shortcut ⇧+⌘+L began to work all of a sudden regardless of my keyboard layout, without my assigning it a key :man_shrugging:t3: