Copy Each Draft to Notes.app, with Single Action; Automatically?

My current workflow sets Notes.app at the center of my Inbox universe. Capture (and some writing organization) in Notes.app isn’t all that great, so I use Drafts.app (as a subscriber) to fill the gaps; the Apple Watch capture, especially.

Question/Request…
With the fewest manual steps possible, how can I transfer each Drafts.app entry to its own Notes.app entry?

So far, I’ve only seen an action to copy the current Drafts.app entry and then open Notes.app. That’s better than manual, but not as easy as I hoped.

Is there something better available? And, if not, is this something that can be made/built (maybe with Scriptable or Shortcuts)?

Thank you,

John

You have to get Shortcuts involved to do this with Notes. Notes does not provide direct integration with third party apps which allow easy, interaction-less creation of notes.

It is easy to call Shortcuts from Drafts, however. If you configure a Shortcut to create a note in Notes for the text input to the shortcut, disabling the “Show Compose Sheet” option, so it does not prompt you - then configure a Drafts action to run that shortcut - you can use it with Select > Operations > Run Action to bulk create notes.

1 Like

Wow. This is really cool, and it works. Thank you!

1 Like