I enjoy using the Simple List facility in Drafts. I use the “Toggle” and “move to bottom” actions available in the directory so that my scratch list (always the same UUID) is nice and tidy. It’s great with keyboard shortcuts.
However, sometimes I’m left with a few unchecked items at the top of the list which should ideally be sent to Todoist. However, as they have the "- [ ] ", 6-character flag at the start, they need to have these removed before sending the list to Todoist via one of the API actions.
So, I’m wondering if an action, composed of maybe the following steps, would be feasible?
- Duplicate the checklist draft
- Do a regex replace "- [ ] " with nothing
- Remove all completed tasks "- [x] "
- Send remaining items to Todoist via API
An even more elegant/preferred approach would be:
- Select only/all lines from Draft that start with "- [ ] "
- Remove "- [ ] " from the selected lines
- Send revised selected lines to Todoist Inbox via API, multi-line action
- Mark all tasks in the original draft which were "- [ ] " before selection, now as "- [x] "
- Move newly-completed tasks to the bottom of draft
Any input would be appreciated on whether or not this looks feasible.