Compile HashTagged lines

https://actions.getdrafts.com/a/13X

This script will search a specific workspace for drafts, then pull each line tagged with a hashtag and append it to a new draft, along with the title of the draft where the line came from.

I use this managing project reference files. Create a bunch of project files, and make sure the name of the project is the first line of the draft. Then add a hashtag to some lines, like “#week” for tasks you want to get done this week. Then this script will create a new draft with just those project names and lines.

In other words, given a few Drafts like so:

# Project A

- task 1
- task 2 #week
# Project B

- task Z
- task y #week

This script will produce a draft like so:

# Tasks for Week 4

# Project A
- task 2 #week

# Project B
- task y #week
1 Like

If I get any tips on my question posted earlier, I can improve this action as well to grab any notes associated with the task. I’m sure this involves some regex magic, but I’m not entirely sure at this point.

Thanks. I like the idea. Any chance you could include a link back to the original project Draft in the This Week file?

Hi, sorry I didn’t explain this in the description, but yes, such a link is appended to each item.

Ahh… sorry should have tried the action before commenting. This works really well for my workflow. Thanks!

1 Like