Collaboration Questions

I’ve had Drafts for a few years, but never used it much. The past few months I’ve been using it A LOT(!) for quick-capture. And will then move the Drafts text into other platforms to develop and publish.

I recently discovered the ‘Tags’ and ‘Workspaces’ features. Amazing!! Now, I’m moving all my plain text documents into Draft. This is working out GREAT! It’s life changing really.

I still use Craft https://www.craft.do/ for taking notes and articles to a higher level of production.

Questions ===>>>

1. How to collaborate on Draft notes? For example, how can I collaborate on a note with one of my assistants to they can EDIT some of my Draft documents? Or, how can I delegate a task like “organize these Draft notes” with tags and workspace filters? (so that my assistant can work on organizing my Drafts content remotely) My current workaround is: have my assistant use AnyDesk to login to one of my computers (iMac) and access my Draft account remotely. But, is there a way to collaborate with my assistant using their own local installation of the Drafts application? (Dropbox? iCloud?)

2. Is there a way of controlling how many lines of text are displayed in the left side bar list of Draft documents? For some views, I would prefer to only display 2 lines max. (But I can’t find a presence to control that view)

3. How to ‘Reveal in Finder’ a specific Drafts document file? (Sorry, that’s a bonehead new question :wink:

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks!

1. Collaborative work would require a shared iCloud account. All of the content is stored in your personal iCloud account only.
  2. The available options for what to show when listing drafts are described here - List Options - Drafts User Guide
  3. There are no files. The drafts are actually stored in a database. That’s how it does revisions, is super fast, etc.

Collaborative work would require a shared iCloud account. All of the content is stored in your personal iCloud account only.

I’m not sure how to setup a ‘shared’ iCloud account. But, for now, using AnyDesk to allow collaborators access to my iMac is working fine.

The available options for what to show when listing drafts are described here

Thanks for that!

There are no files. The drafts are actually stored in a database. That’s how it does revisions, is super fast, etc.

OK. That makes sense!

To clarify, both you and your assistant would have to login to iCloud with the same credentials; sharing a single account.