Can I hide FlickType Keyboard suggestion from Apple Watch?

When I open the drafts app on my Apple Watch I see a suggestion for ‘FlickType Keyboard’ is there a way to get rid of this notice other than downloading the FlickType Keyboard?

Thanks.

Screenshot of Apple Watch

1 Like

I too am finding this very annoying. There ought to be a way to dismiss this nag permanently if we’re not interested.

I’m probably going to remove FlickType support completely soon.

It’s tricky because there’s no way to pre-detect if FlickType is installed on watchOS, so the FlickType integration is always present, and I’ve wanted to continue to support the people who do use and care about it.

If you are seeing this, I assume you are using the “Capture with options” complication? Is there a reason you are not just using the “Capture” complication, which would go directly to Apple’s default input?

1 Like

@agiletortoise Thank you for the quick reply!

Actually, I think that will do the trick. If I want an option other than quick capture, I can hit the stem and get all the options except scribble, which seems of limited usefulness compared to the keyboard and dictation options. (The transcription from dictation works especially well.) The logo looks nicer on the watch face, too. :wink: Great solution!

Have you considered adding a search field? It would be handy when I want to find a note for reference.