Bullet Journaling with Drafts

Great question! I just tested it with my actions and everything seems to work okay. Are there any updates for the Day One app that might have a impact?

@ianlhayes
Ian

I have tried for 45 mins to make this work in my M1 Macbook Air. IS there a reason why the fantastical call back would not work? I have tried to replace fantastical:// with fantastical3:// and so on and it does not work in Big Sur. It works fine in iOs.

Thanks!

Manuel

There is no application set to open the URL fantastical://x-callback-url/parse?sentence=to%20fantasize&x-success=drafts5-callback://success/1BA78233-02D6-4EDE-AF91-E4304BCBC16E&x-cancel=drafts5-callback://cancel/1BA78233-02D6-4EDE-AF91-E4304BCBC16E&x-error=drafts5-callback://error/1BA78233-02D6-4EDE-AF91-

@ianlhayes To add to the mystery of my previous message, it does not work either in my iPad running 14.6. Migrating action just runs, nothing is migrated, the circle spins for a while in the Action sidebar, after 3 mins it shows a Success message, but is not true. Quick Journaling Settings file is just fine… same as the one that does run well in my iPhone.

You would to use the x-callback-url handler. That is x-fantastical3:// according to the Fantastical docs.

https://flexibits.com/fantastical/help/integration-with-other-apps

1 Like

Fantastical doesn’t support x-callback-url in their Mac app.

@agiletortoise I managed to get x-fantastical3:// to work.

@ianlhayes I have also amended the sendToThings Function so I can send each line entry to a different Things project. Hope this is useful to people

function sendToThings(entry) {
	var cb = CallbackURL.create();
	cb.baseURL = thingsURL;
	var arr=entry.split("@");
	var entry1=arr[0];
	var list=arr[1];
	cb.addParameter("title", entry1);
	cb.addParameter("tags", "Bullet Journal");
	cb.addParameter("list", list);
	cb.open();
}
3 Likes

thanks, one more question…
Fantasticai needs to be version3 or even Fantastical2 works…?

Good question! My knowledge of Fantastical’s URL scheme is limited, and I only have Fantastical 3 to test with, but I have to imagine the only thing you would need to do is modify x-fantastical3:// to x-fantastical2:// where applicable. Make sure to either backup your action before modifying, or make a duplicate to test with.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply! @Jaipal_Singh’s mention of Obsidian sent me down that rabbit hole for…well, all of the time since I was last seen in this thread. I actually just popped back into the Drafts forum to see about disentangling some of my workflow from Obsidian.