Autocorrect not working on macOS

Hi,

I’m looking for some help in debugging a problem that I’m having with in-line spell checking and autocorrect, which are not working with Drafts for macOS.

• All autocorrect settings are checked in Drafts
  • All autocorrect settings are checked in system settings
  • Correct Spelling Automatically is turned in the spelling and grammar right-click menu
  • Spell checking and autocorrect works for all other applications
  • Updates to Drafts and macOS have not fixed the problem
  • Deleting and reinstalling Drafts does not fix the problem

I seem to remember there was an issue a while back with auto-match interfering with spell checking but turning that off doesn’t seem to change anything.

This has been a long-standing issue, and I have a feeling it is a problem with my machine, but I’m looking for any suggestions about how to correct the issue.

Thanks

Could you be more specific about “not working” - nothing at all? No red-squiggly lines? No suggestions available on misspelled words in the right-click menu?

Do you use system text replacements at all…are they working?

@agiletortoise There are no red or green squiggly lines and when I misspell a word it is not corrected as it is in other applications.

The right-click spell checking works as expected and so does system text replacements.

I feel like the problem relates to macOS’ spelling and grammar checker which provides the squiggly lines and word autocorrect, but as far as I can tell it’s turned on and no other applications are affected. :man_shrugging:t4: