Autocompletion proposals in editor

An autocompletion feature would be helpful:
Proposals from what has already been typed after entering an initial substring.

Like this one… :grinning:

More in the sense of what notepad++ for example calls „word completion“, taking the proposals from the current buffer (Auto-completion | Notepad++ User Manual)

I admit I’m not sure how that fits in a notes app. That sort of autocomplete makes sense for a code editor, where you are working in a specific language with a limited set of keywords, not so much for general text.

On Windows I used to (over 20 years ago) use UltimaShell with the NoteTab text editors. Not all the time, but sometimes. I eventually decided it didn’t help me as much as I thought it would and never re-enabled it, but it was quite a popular tool at that time.

I believe it has since renamed to Intellicomplete Server.

Maybe there’s a Mac equivalent out there? I can’t say I’ve ever looked.

You might underestimate in how many and different settings Drafts is used :grinning: I have used it professionally for medical texts, to write Wikipedia articles, to transcribe old family letters and to document bird sightings.

@agiletortoise @sylumer

Hi - I want to use Drafts as a quick capture and content organizer in clinical hospital workflow. I’ve delved into the PKM/automation space over the last year and have been amazed by 1) the existing possibilities and 2) these tools are not used to combat the increasing physician burnout by information overload and administrative burden that affects patient care. I’ve been playing around with premade actions (particularly the TAD library - thank you so much for that) and trying to create my own workflows. Still, my limited programming experience and busy schedule limit me.

Currently keeping everything deidentified to avoid privacy protection issues.

I’m a neurosurgery resident, trying to make workflows specific to my patient consults. For example, suppose someone comes in with a suspected brain bleed. In that case, I want to have a template with a place for demographic information, meds, allergies, and imaging findings, and clinical calculators ready to go. Maybe a library of actions that can make sense of a dictated note and parse out those individual aspects and a way to forward that to an email or messaging service.

Anyway, I see so much potential and would be thrilled for any help. I think a working prototype to show to other residents and students would get a lot of interest and, ultimately, save lives. If there’s any chance you could share ideas or would be willing to work with me to help create some workflows, I would sincerely appreciate it.