Archive best practices

hello,
is there a way to “organize” the Archive? by year, by tag…?
What are your best practices?
thanks

Do you use workspaces? Your archive conforms to the settings you apply for the workspace and so can be filtered and sorted accordingly.

Not sure I’d say there are “best practices”. As @sylumer mentions, workspaces are the primary tool for creating views of your drafts, if you have specific needs.

They work best with tagging, so if you have a “work” workspace, setup to filter by the tag “work”, it is filtering both the inbox and archive when applied, so you get to look at just that segment of the archive.

I do a lot of automatic tagging with actions, as well. Most of the actions I use that publish a draft (to a file, to twitter, etc.), are also configured to automatically archive a draft, but also assign a tag after running, so it is easy to later filter the archive by only drafts I tweet, etc.

no folders? or folder-like behaviour?

Archive *is* a folder, and tagging gives you options more flexible than folders.

Try thinking about it from the archive in a filtered workspace perspective rather than a filter in an archive perspective. I would say the app is designed to operate in a way that’s equivalent to, but flipped from what you currently have expectations of.

Thanks Stephen, it is exactly this…“I would say the app is designed to operate in a way that’s equivalent to, but flipped from what you currently have expectations of”;
I expected folders as in Finder…