Append to Note (Different each time) (Evernote, Notion, Obsidian)

Hi

Is it possible to search for a note and append the draft to it ?

I have a shortcut for this for apple notes, Im wondering if anybody knows og this is also possible with other note apps like

• Evernote, notion, obsidian, bear

Are you asking if you can search for and append to another draft in Drafts? If so, then certainly. You can use the Share extension on iOS or Quick Capture on Mac, both of which allow you to select a draft to append to in the app. Most people only think of using these to share from another app into Drafts, but they both work to share a draft from Drafts right back to it.

There are also an example Append to Draft action in the directory that prompt for a draft to be selected, and appends the current draft to it.

If you are asking about targeting other apps, yes, that is certainly possible as well, but Drafts cannot search for notes in other systems directly.

Hi

Thanks for the quick response

I will take a better look at appending draft to a draft

But I was talking about appending the dragt to an evernote,notion,obsidian or bear note

I forgot to say the way I an currenntly appendind from drafts to an apple note ( I search for) is through Siri Shortcuts which is ran within drafts, a draft forum member recomended the shortcut.

Im basicly wondering if this eas possible

• Through drafts
  • or with a shortcut triggered by drafts

Most of those apps can be integrated with…how you do it varies a bit by your target app, but if you search this forum and/or the Directory you will find integration guides and example actions for adding to those various apps.

I am mostly searching for to be able to do this with evernote and/or Notion like Im able to do eith apple note.

(see pictures)

You cannot do that in Drafts. I do not know about what the apps from those other services offer in the way of Shortcuts support. I’m guessing most would not support that level of integration.

1 Like

If you have shortcuts to append to specific notes in Evernote / Notion and so on then I suggest you modify them to accept text input (in addition to the prompt) and then run the shortcuts from Drafts.

Thats probably the easiest solution.

in the Scripting Reference you’ll also find some information about the integration with Notion.

1 Like