Additional Customization for Paste HTML to Markdown

The ‘Paste HTML to Markdown’ feature is a perfect example of something where I’m glad to live with the feature as-is for a few months and see what behaviors – that I initially might find undesirable, if even a little – I wind up getting used to and which I might hope for the option to change.

There are already some nice options associated with it. Two more I’d like to request

• When pasting an en-dash or em-dash that it not convert to multiple hyphens (e.g. I don’t want to paste into Drafts as --)
  • I’d like to be able to disable paste as table. This I’d almost like a different option than just a regular toggle, because there are a lot of times I do want to paste a table into Drafts as a Markdown table (I’m generally impressed with the results you get on this!) but there are times that the source (usually a Google Doc) junks up hard, but I do want the rest of the pasting conversion to happen. I don’t know what implementation other than the toggle would make sense though.

Thanks for making the app I couldn’t have gotten through 2023 (or 2022 or 2021 or 2020 or 2019 or 2018) without!