Add to sublist?

Gday all,

I’ve searched to no avail!

Has anyone found a way to modify the ‘add to list’ action, include a sublist option.

For example.

##Software
###iOS
###MacOS
###iPadOS

So when your prompted with selecting the list, which in this case would be ##software, you would then be prompted to make a second selection for the sublist item ###ios or ###macos or ###ipados.

The reason is to not have an overwhelming amount of notes, and group the lists at a higher level, combing multiple lists per note.

Thanks all,
Danny

Technically those aren’t list items; They’re headings.

Do you intend list items? (These start with * or -.) Or is your question really about headings and sub-headings?

Thanks for the reply @martinpacker

I intend to have lists (as checkboxes) below each sub-heading. Rather than it is currently having them all fall under the ‘main heading’ which is the note title.

This would be doable, certainly, but is a non-trivial modification. Do you have scripting experience? There would be a lot of string manipulation needed to scan the draft for headings to build your options, and to determine the right locations to insert the new items.

Thanks @agiletortoise … very basic - maybe it would be a nice project to test out my skills!

Thanks for your input.