Access to Install URL for Action Group in Scripting

In the latest release (v22) we got scripting access to install URLs for Workspaces and Actions.

• Workspace script object has new installURL property, which exposes the URL, that can be used to share the workspace. Useful for scripted backups and sharing.
  • Action script object has new installURL property, which exposes the URL, that can be used to share the action. Useful for scripted backups and sharing.

Would it be possible to get access to the install URL for Action Groups as well? I think it would be equally as useful for that in terms of scripted backups and sharing.

In addition, personally I’m now moving to a suite of action groups from my original single one for the ThoughtAsylum Action Group. Up to this point I have been generating a sizeable chunk of documentation about the library from the installation URL. I’ve follow this process on each release. Being able to get the install URL via a script would enable me to automate the process and save me a good chunk of time on each update as splitting the libraries means manually grabbing the URL for each group, running the action each time, and then putting them together in another step at the end. If I could grab the URLs automatically I could create one action to do everything in one shot.

Thanks in advance for any consideration of this request.

1 Like