Working with linked files and images in Drafts (actions and workflows)

Update: fixed a breaking error in the first action here. Doh! Download and (re)install from the same link above. File URLs once again correctly include Files.app URL scheme prefix (“shareddocuments://”). If you’ve installed it already and it’s not working as you expected, this is probably why. Thanks to @yashodhankhare for picking that up.

I’ve also made Markdown style links the default in this update, but if you’re using any of the built-in Markdown syntax definitions, you can enable [[url:…]] style links with a simple (and signposted) adjustment in the script.

Finally: as I’ve said somewhere in the notes, I made this action with i(Pad)OS in mind. It’d be cool to make it cross-platform (instead of “shareddocuments://”, macOS would need “files://”) but that would take a bit more doing— as outlined in this thread. I think the use of a wiki-link defined within a syntax is probably the easiest way to go, but that would require people to install another action to make it work…

I’m toying with the idea of rolling something like this into the Markdown (GitHub) + Wiki-Link Extras syntax then bundling a few actions together as a supporting action group…

2 Likes