Typewriter Mode?

Are there any plans for a “typewriter” where the scrolling is fixed on the center of the screen. This would be helpful for longer writing. I have seen some mention of it on the forums back in 2018 but nothing since. Wondering if the feature is there and I am missing it or if it got shelved for some reason.

Purely for reference, here’s the original feature request.

There isn’t currently an option for this, and I’ve not seen any commitment to including it yet from Greg, so perhaps it just isn’t on any current public roadmap.

I would suggest anyone who wants the functionality adds their support to the original feature request. The more interest there is, the more I’m sure Greg would be likely to consider adding it to the development roadmap.

Thanks for the confirmation. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing it before I sent in a feature request via feedback, which I’ve now done. As Drafts becomes a more integral part of my workflow (essentially I am moving Drafts for a “where text starts” to an “all text goes here”) a typewriter feature for longer documents becomes more important.

I’ll add your +1 to the request. Definitely something I’d consider adding, but it non-trivial to implement and other priorities have been ahead of it.

Sounds fair, thanks for considering it.