"Things for Things" - an Action Group for Things

Any chance you could share the keyboard maestro/AppleScript you use to populate the project list in drafts? I can’t quite figure it how to do that….

hi @rpienciak I am not using this tools it is just a callback url. I now many users in this forum also use keyboard maestro.
I guess you need to use this:

https://wiki.keyboardmaestro.com/action/Open_a_URL

Tommertron mentioned using an Applescript to extract the names of Things projects and populating a Draft with those names. I desperately need this but can’t figure out the Applescript. That’s what I’m looking for!

Thanks!

1 Like

Here you go!

tell application "Things3"
	get name of projects where name of areas is "Work" and status is open
end tell

I run this in Keyboard Maestro, which gets me a list of comma-delimited projects, which then get split into their own lines, added to a file, then the contents of that file replace whatever is in my Drafts projects list. It’s very Rube-Goldberg, but it gets the job done.

2 Likes

Oddly, I just ran this AppleScript, and noticed it’s no longer getting all of the projects in that area, for me anyway. Not sure if something happened with the Things API. Might work for you, but I need to do some digging now.

Sorry, brain fart. It was bringing back the full list, just not in the order I was expecting. So that Apple Script should work fine (replace the area you want of course.)

In case it helps, here is a version of the action I use to pass the URI encoded list of projects to that will update your projects draft with the current list of projects. You need to create a blank Draft and update the script with the UUID of that draft.

brilliant. Thanks so much!

Would it be an idea putting the apple script snippet inside the action group description?