The capture doesn't work on Apple Watch like before

For some time now, to use the quick capture feature on apple watch I have to click twice.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 Like

In the watch face, switch the complication from Capture to Capture With Options, then switch it back again.

I had the behaviour you describe happen once so far and figured it was a glitch, and this forced reapply worked for me in resolving it.

3 Likes

I’m assuming you updated to watchOS 8.

Apple combined dictation and scribble input in the same input dialog in watchOS 8. Most of the Summer through the beta cycle, it would remember the last one you used - but currently, it seems to always default to scribble and you have to tap to switch to dictation.

Quite annoying, but I can see the same behavior in any app (Messages, etc.) - at least on watchOS 8.1b2.

Unfortunately, not something I can override - it’s a system issue.

3 Likes

Having to tap twice to begin dictation on the watch makes it more difficult to use Drafts to capture a quick note on my watch. It’s no big deal if I’m sitting in my office but when driving and wanting to dictate a quick note, it’s a real problem.

2 Likes

Appreciate your frustration. Unfortunately, it appears that this isn’t something Drafts can fix…

https://mobile.twitter.com/draftsapp/status/1452717827274809348

Hi I am still finding that my Apple Watch times out in dictation (around 2-3mins), this was not the case in the past versions of watchOS? @agiletortoise