[Discussion] Strict Cross Linking

It’s a fair point to raise, IMHO. See here, also: A better way to trap title conflicts for wiki-linked drafts? - #4 by yvonnezed

Greg’s aware of the rough edges, which leads me to believe that there’ll be further adjustments with this in mind. The recent release of Drafts 23 with support for limiting search queries to titles is a step in a good direction, and it certainly does make quick search more useful in this kind of situation.

Neat summary of the way cross-linking in Drafts differs from Roam! It’d be useful to pin that somewhere as a reference for anyone else who might benefit from the understanding.

To be fair, the request was for an optional “strict” mode. No idea how feasible the optionality would be, but if it were possible, it could allow for a broader set of use cases…

This reminded me of this: RFC: Cross-Link Definition Formats - #6 by consequently, which seems to suggest that at some point in the future, we might be able to define some of these things for ourselves?

The prefix suggestion should work well. I currently do something similar, and it allows for the best of both strict and loose linking. In this instance, the main Bezos note could even be titled “# @ Jeff Bezos” where the @ (or any other appropriate symbol) could be used consistently to connote a reference note like this…