Question about creating a new draft within a workflow

Hi!

Is there a way to set command+N to create a new draft with the appropriate tags for whatever workflow I’m currently in?

On iOS, if you set your own action to have that keyboard shortcut, then it certainly used to override the default functionality. The issue with creating an action to do this is in identifying the current workspace that has been applied. There isn’t a way to do this, and so as a result, I still don’t think there’s a way to query the search parameters.

If you were always matching a complete set of tags, you could duplicate the current drafts tags, but otherwise I think you may be out of luck.

Thanks for the response. I’m not sure I fully understand. When I tap the “+” on the iPad itself, a menu comes up asking where I want to put the new draft. But on a keyboard, there’s no such thing. Is there a way to set a keyboard shortcut for a new draft with a specific tag? Thanks!!

The New Draft in Workspace action example might be helpful. You can assign it a keyboard shortcut. You still have to select a workspace once it opens the prompt, but basically the same functionality as available when you tap and hold the “+” button.

Amazing. Thank you again!

So I’m playing around with keyboard shortcuts… I can’t find an action to simply “create new draft.” Basically, I’m looking to have a keyboard shortcut that will create a new draft with a specific tag … Thanks!

And how would I duplicate the current set of tags?

I thought I’d create an action that creates a new draft and assigns a specific tag, but “create new draft” isn’t in the step menu, so not sure how to do it?

Something like:

// create a new draft
let d = Draft.create();
// loop over tags in current draft and add them to new draft
for (let tag of draft.tags) {
  d.addTag(tag);
}
// save new draft
d.update();
// load new draft in editor
editor.load(d);

Let’s say I have three tags: work, home and play
I want a keyboard shortcut for each that will create a new draft with the tag “work”, a shortcut that will create a new draft with the tag “play,” etc …

Is that possible?

If it’s at all possible for you to send me code for one of them, I can of obviously substitute out the tags and adapt it to my use.

That is just a simplification of Greg’s code above, and you create separate actions for each of your needs and then assign a unique keyboard shortcut to each.

// create a new draft
let d = Draft.create();
// set your tag here 
d.addTag("work");
// save new draft
d.update();
// load new draft in editor
editor.load(d);

You guys are seriously amazing. Thank you!