Problem with UUID links

That makes sense. I see that playing with the settings. “Smart Quotes” also encodes dashes/em-dashes to HTML entities.

Note that is not a problem if you actually make Markdown links, not just put raw URLs in your text.

Thanks @sylumer , @agiletortoise

If I turn off the “Smart Quotes” in the MultiMarkdown settings, then the problem is not there anymore. I have MultiMarkdown option “ON” for new Drafts.
If I use the Github setting for a new Drafts, and use the preview I don’t see the problem even if “Smart Quotes” is set to on.

Well, I thank you both so much for helping me resolve that problem!

Also thank you Greg for a great app that is so versatile and usefull.

Robert

I would say you have some confusion of the difference between syntax highlighting and Markdown processing…which is understandable.

Syntax highlighting for a draft is what you select for each draft in the “Aa” editor preferences, and affects only how the draft is displayed while editing, applying styles to your markup to help you distinguish elements as you type.

Syntax highlighting has no effect on the text stored, or the text output when using actions.

When you run a preview, your Markdown text is passed through a Markdown parser to be converted to HTML and displayed in a browser window. Drafts ships with two Markdown parsers, and the settings in the “Markdown options” control which one is used to create HTML by default, along with options for generating that HTML.

Maybe that helps clarify a little. In this case, because you were putting a raw URL in your text, the Markdown parser with smart quotes active is converting some characters to HTML entities which break the URL. If you were to put your link in as Markdown, something like [link text](drafts://open?...), the smart quotes setting would not affect your URL because the Markdown processor would know it was a URL, and you would end up with the text linked to the draft.

Well thanks a lot @agiletortoise for the explanations. I agree I was (and probably still) confused between the two!
As you mentioned if I use the text input all is fine.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Robert