[Pending] Linking drafts with forward slashes

Hi Draft folks,

I have e.g. a script draft with the title "// todoist url task - batch test. need x-callback urls“.
With the help of an iOS shortcut I create a new draft with links to drafts with a specific tag.
It uses the “Search Drafts” Action step with the tag filter and afterwards a repeat with each loop is kicked of. Inside this loop I have a simple “Text” action which fetches the Title from the draft of the current iteration. and emplaces it between a double bracket to create a link.

After running the shortcut the created report looks like this

# Draft Report

## tag x (3):
- [[title of first match]]
- [[title of second match]]
- [[// todoist url task - batch test. need x-callback urls]]

Greg supported me there because the forward slashes must be escaped in a title link and I adapted the shortcut with a text replace action to get a link like this:

- [[\/\/ todoist url task - batch test. need x-callback urls]]

the problem is, I even can’t open this link, instead the alert with the message “A draft matching the title “” was not found.”

I’d like to have an option in the shortcut action step which searches the drafts to receive an already escaped title, which would be useful, but also this issue persists if I create the link manually.

can someone reproduce this?

I started off by creating a draft titled // todoist url task - batch test. need x-callback urls, and then testing some ideas out based on your links.

Test 1

If I try this as you did:

- [[\/\/ todoist url task - batch test. need x-callback urls]]

I also got:

Create Draft

A draft matching the title “” was not found. Would you like to create a new draft with that title?

Test 2

If I try this:

- [[todoist url task - batch test. need x-callback urls]]

I get a match, but I also added a draft titled Another todoist url task - batch test. need x-callback urls, and it pops up a search at that point. So it is just doing a partial title match.

Test 3

However, if I try this:

- [[\// todoist url task - batch test. need x-callback urls/]]

I get taken to the correct draft. I just get a warning that the marker could not be found.

Test 4

Trying it without the trailing forward slash:

- [[\// todoist url task - batch test. need x-callback urls]]

I’m taken back to the multiple matches:

Multiple Drafts Found

Multiple drafts match the title “/”. A search for related drafts will be opened to help you locate the correct match.

You may wish to re-title one or more drafts to avoid this conflict in the future.

I tried maybe a dozen other variations or so, but I think these yielded the most interesting results.

Test 3 coerces the correct result with a warning, but certainly the wiki linking is not so keen on the use of leading forward slashes.

So same issue for you…

Would be great if the shortcut action would provide a wiki link already as option for the draft

Well the rules are set out already, but I don’t think that’s what is going on here exactly. I believe there is a bug here as the escaping example does not seem to work for me.

I took the linking to markers within a draft example of [[Blue \/ Green]] to link to a draft titled Blue / Green.

2020-10-28-21.10.50

But when I select the link I don’t get taken to the draft, but instead get that curious empty title message.

Tested On

Drafts Version: 23.1.4
OS Version: macOS Version 10.15.5 (Build 19F101)
Device: Mac
Pro Licensed: Yes

yes the bug is existing, too :slight_smile:
was already reported during the conversation with greg but he neede more information so I put it to the forum.
Thanks for testing it out!

Thanks, I did not understand clearly in the support request…it is a bug if your title link begins with a \/, which is confusing the parser that separates markers. Will fix in next release.

thanks and sorry for the confusion.

do you understand my request regarding the shortcuts action step?
if the “found drafts” would also contain a parameter like “escaped title” this would reduce the complexity and prevent mistakes.