Obsidian-like behaviour

Glad you enjoyed it. I’m wondering why the layout is so wide and short.

And, yes. You can do whatever you like with the text. I just put it on the clipboard so I can paste it into BBEdit and then save in a file.

(I don’t think this is my project for this weekend. Automating paste a CSV into Excel is what I want to work on.)

1 Like

Wow, the code bubbling up in this thread is very impressive.

Some notes:

1. Graphviz — this is used by org-roam to render graphs that are presented in your browser-of-choice. The graphs rendered by org-roam are superior to the current one from Obsidian, IMO.

2. I wonder if you can comment on scalability of generating a graph from all notes in a workspace. The action needs to process everything each time you want to update the graph. Ideally, the graph stays updated as one adds notes in Drafts. To accomplish this for any reasonably-sized workspace, I assume some intermediate caching is necessary?? This would allow the action to focus on only Recently-Modified notes.

3. One of the core and long(est) standing features of Drafts has a very big advantage in this space, IMO. It is the fact that Drafts does not require a Title for a note. Obsidian and org-roam require a title when generating a note, and I (it may just be me) find this simple step can be a barrier to smooth note-taking.

4. Would it be possible to keep one Workspace in Drafts in sync with Dropbox? If so, that Dropbox location could be made into a vault for Obsidian. This would of course let Obsidian do the heavy-lifting of caching and producing graphs. This would entail hardwiring compatibility between Obsidian’s version of markdown/linking notation and that used in Drafts. Since Drafts allows different Markdown versions, perhaps Obsidian’s version could be another? An advantage of this approach is that Drafts could continue to focus on its core strength without getting spread thin.

I think this is an extremely exciting potential direction for Drafts. If its notes could be ported/interfaced with graphical view of interconnected nodes, it would be a game-changer in a very hot area of app dev.

Good luck!