Howdy folks. I’ve published a few Drafts-specific Siri Shortcuts on RoutineHub over the (now) years, but I’ve come to realize that one in particular - called List .md Drafts Open Links by Tag - might provide a function not so easily serviced by native actions, especially on iOS. I think I’ve also unintentionally stumbled upon the fastest method by far of simply listing all drafts by a single tag aside from a dedicated workspace configured to do so.
The end result looks like this - an unordered markdown list of every draft in a tag specified at run, including a markdown-formatted hyperlink of each draft’s draft open link:
- An Ask for Input action prompts for the case-sensitive name of the tag you’d like to index.
- A Search Drafts action retrieves up to 100 drafts (by default) with that tag, sorted (by default) by modified date. Obviously, every option in this action is configurable to your needs.
- For each draft result, an item is created in the format
- [Title](Open Link).
- A Combine Text action combines the resulting items with new lines.
- A Create Draft action creates a new draft with the formatted list entitled
[tag] - [timestamp].
I hope you all give it a try at least once just to experience how little time the whole cycle takes. Remember that drafts open links work anywhere a hyperlink works, not just in Drafts.
I’ve personally found Tot Pocket to be a particularly apt place for this, seen here: