Indent lines while arranging

Right now the “arrange lines” feature only supports moving lines up or down. I’d like to also indent/outdent lines to create an outline. This could be done with tabs or multiple spaces.

3 Likes

This would be great, I’m hoping to move my Taskpaper files from Editorial to Drafts but handling of indentation is a sticky point.

A few other things that would help a lot would be

1. Syntax-specific indenting (or the option to use tabs everywhere)
  2. Option to use hanging indents. Right now notes in TP syntax don’t hang and it totally interrupts visual advantages of the outline.

+1 for this feature.

I outline almost as quickly as I think. I love how other apps such as Pages, Word, and Notion allow me to press tab ANYWHERE on the line and it will indent the line and update the numbered bullet automatically. For example pressing tab on:

1. First item
  2. Second item
  3. Third item

will become:

1. First item
  2. Second item
    1. Third item

Likewise, in most apps I can Shift-Tab to outdent. This makes for fast, powerful, outline writing. I haven’t figured out how to do this well in Drafts. Instead Drafts adds in a “Tab” into the text, which I don’t need at all.

However, I do love how Drafts allows you to drag and rearrange lines within Drafts, (a feature which is missing from most apps like Pages and Word). If Drafts could do both of these together, this would be a killer feature.