I have a few drafts with large numbers of fenced code blocks. I’m using three backticks above and below each block. Blocks display properly in markdown previews, but in the actual Drafts window, oftentimes the text that should be rendered in monospace is not, and the non-code text is rendered in monospace.
See explanation in this thread:
Ah! ok, thanks very much for the explanation.
I have this, too. I’ve been stashing away Applescript samples - 1 draft a day. But I know about the trade off and cope with it.
The problem is that I’m not 100% sure I’m sticking to the code block “rules”.
I thought that I was the only one
It drives me a little crazy each time that it happens on my Mac, and I’ve never figured out anyway to get it back to normal like closing Drafts, switching to a new note, etc…
Actually, I just found a way to deal with it though as I was going through the posts, I switched my note from MultiMarkdown to just Markdown and then switched back and everything appeared as I expected.
It beats me going through and trying to figure out where backticks weren’t closed out properly.
You can install the Multimarkdown (Full Text) editor, and selectively use it as the editor for the note(s) where you run in to this problem.
Awesome, thank you very much for posting that link, I just installed it.