Drafts integration with Microsoft products

We use Office 365 at work, and I’ve been down this road.

tl;dr - There’s not a whole lot you can do at this point.

Things that you can do:

• Create an email in Drafts, send to the Outlook iOS app (although you will need to add recipients there)
  • Take the content of a draft, copy to the clipboard, open OneNote, paste into new note or use the share sheet to send data from a draft directly to the app
  • Create, update, save text notes in OneDrive

The other more interesting things? Like pushing info from a draft with attendees, summary, details, etc. into Outlook directly? Nope.

Microsoft doesn’t have a ton of automation hooks for these apps. There are some bits that intercommunicate (e.g. sign into Word, and Excel doesn’t make you sign in again)–but that’s more auth token stuff, not really passing data like we’re looking for.

And I took To Do for a spin; multiple times actually. It’s the spiritual successor (and physical successor) to Wunderlist, but even after what, almost two years of development (?) it’s still extremely thin and underwhelming. I didn’t see any great ways to push things into that app. I think there’s a launch URL and that’s about it.

Clipboard and share sheet are your friends in this realm, unfortunately. Wish there was more I could share–and if anyone else knows something I don’t, I’d love to hear it.

2 Likes