Drafts 17 (iOS) has been released in the App Store, details below.
(Also, see what’s new in the Mac version)
- Highlight insertion point option to draw different background for current cursor position.
- Editor setting to limit max characters per line. Works along with margin settings to determine a maximum line length. Great for use with full screen mode to prevent excessively long lines.
- New configuration options for visibility of action bar, toolbar and iPad keyboard shortcut bar allowing them to be hidden when editing, or optionally hidden only when external keyboard is connected.
- For more details, see editor settings docs
- App Icon menu options: The menu displayed when long pressing the app icon on the home screen can now be configured to display recent drafts (the previous behavior), common commands, or workspaces. This setting now defaults to common commands, and can be changed in Settings.
Two new monochrome editor themes. Available to select in
Draft select view updated to allow filtering by workspace. This view is used in the share extension, iMessages app, and
Mediumaction step type to post to Medium.com. Docs
Mediumscript object to support scripting Medium API. Docs
- Script steps now have a new “Allow asynchronous execution” option. When enabled, the action will wait for a call to
script.complete()to know if a script step is finished. This allows use of async/await, Promises and other async function calls…but your script must call
script.complete()of the action will timeout and fail after 60 seconds.
CallbackURLobjects have a read-only
urlproperty to debug the URL which will be used with the configured parameters.
Other Fixes and Changes
Filemanager.readStringwould not return undefined properly when file was not found.
- Fix: Inaccurate action directory URLs used for opening actions posted to the directory.
- Fix: “New draft after” timeout not always working on cold start of the app.
- Fix: Issue with action bar visibility on cold start.
- Fix: Issue with incorrect syntax highlighting styles when editing drafts with different syntax options in multiple windows on iPadOS.
- Misc. additional fixes and stability improvements.
For a complete history of updates, visit the changelog