Append to Google journal overwriting

I’m having an issue where the included “Append to Google Drive Journal” action will—seemingly at random—overwrite the journal file with the new draft, instead of appending to the end of the file, about 30% of the time. There doesn’t seem to be any predictor of when it will and when it won’t.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? And have you found a fix?

The google account I’m using is a university-provided GApps account, but I don’t think that affects the API.

Can you open a ticket for this? (support@agiletortoise.com), sounds like something I’ll need to look into.

I’m having this issue as well. Glad its being looked into.

I’m wanting to use the “Append to Google Drive Journal” action, too, especially with Siri (so I won’t always be SEEING drafts that are created). On the other hand, I don’t want to have to monitor drafts to make sure I’m not losing them.

So I’m hoping adding to this thread might trigger a notice to me when an fix is released!

Thanks.

Is there any news on this issue? I have an action that is supposed to append to a .TXT file on my Google Drive. It worked for a long time, but about 2 or 3 months ago, it started overwriting rather than appending. I have to find a recent version of the file to restore. It’s an action I only use once a month or so, but I’d like to fix it. Any headway on this would be appreciated.

If you have any more details, please open a support request (support@agiletortoise.com). I testing this issue a number of times and have never been able to reproduce it.

Here is the action.It’s pretty simple. It takes a new draft, appends to a .TXT file on Google Drive, and then deletes the draft. It worked for a long time without issue, but since February, it’s been overwriting the text rather than appending. (I know it started in February because I use this action once and only once a month, and February was when I first needed to restore the old file on Drive to recover the lost text.)

It might make a difference that I use this action exclusively with Shortcuts, which is sending the text to drafts, and then it returns to Shortcuts to finish. Frankly, I shouldn’t need to use Drafts at all for this task, but to my knowledge, there isn’t a way to append a file in Google Drive only using Shortcuts, and Drafts had filled that gap until it started overwriting.