Adding images/image links

You’re right. A compound of two things at my end.

1. My apparent skipping of that section in the release notess.
  2. iCloud apparently not syncing my test image until I viewed it in the Files app - only after that did my test case actually work.

Thanks for flagging that up.

1 Like

That is a important topic to notice.
I am not sure how the sync will affect the feature.

I hope that the open command with the file manager will solve that issue.

At least with not opening a file that is not synced.

1 Like

Thanks, this was very helpful, but … I couldn’t really figure out how to get the image-worthy preview out of Drafts so … too bad. :-). Thank you, tho!

Here, here! I think the beauty of Drafts is that it is solely for text & it helps you to move your text where you want it to go. It was never meant to be a full fledged rich text word processor & that’s a good thing. There are other apps for that & Drafts makes it easy to get your text into them. :grin:

everyone who needs images might be interested in asciidoctors aproach.

Asciidoctor or asciidoctor is a markdown like approach with superpowers.
Though it might be a bit more complex.

With a custom syntax highlighting it even might be useable in Drafts someday.

1 Like

I’ve recently had cause to experiment with these workflows. I was particularly interested in the Dropbox route, but couldn’t get Dropbox URLs to show images. In case it helps anyone else: I did a little digging, and it seems that changing ?dl=1 to ?raw=1 at the end of a Dropbox share link solves the issue.

1 Like

iPhone->photos->share image->copy iCloud link-> paste in Drafts

2 Likes

Don’t those iCloud share links expire after 30 days? Or has that changed in iOS 15?

2 Likes

Simply pasting shows nothing in preview.
Using:

! [image] (iCloud link)

shows the blue/white thumbnail ?.

Something i miss here i guess.

Is “iClloud Link” an actual link to the image file itself? The links iCloud generates for files usually are not to the file itself, but to a landing page that users can view an image.

1 Like

I checked with 2 files, both in iOS. One file via the Files and the “Copy Link” option of share menu and the other via the Photos with the same menu method and the “Copy Icloud Link”.
When i upload to dropbox and paste link all is fine.
This is why i got curious to try @Ryan_Behrman post.