Access to the "URL" property of upgraded Reminders

I’ve been using Drafts to do some interesting things with the new (I guess it’s not that new now) Reminders.app functionality. I have a great action/script that enables me to take meeting notes in a single draft, then pull out selected lines and create Reminders for them, which also link back to the original meeting notes (now stored in Bear). It looks something like this:

let lines = draft.content.split("\n");
for (let line of lines) {
	let rem = list.createReminder();
	if (line.includes(" -- ")) {
		let splitLine = line.split(" -- ");
		rem.title = splitLine[0];
		rem.notes = splitLine[1];
	} else {
		rem.title = line;
	}
	rem.dueDateIncludesTime = false;
	rem.dueDate = new Date();
	rem.update();
}

Right now, I do that by adding the URL to the notes of a reminder, but the display is… a bit ugly. :slight_smile: Would it be possible to access the url property of a reminders item? Here’s a comparison of what the current reminder looks like (“Do this first thing”) versus the URL display (“Do a second thing”, where I copied and pasted the Bear URL from the notes field to the URL field):

Basically, I’m hoping to be able to do something like rem.url = splitLine[1] in the code above. Thanks in advance, Greg and everyone!

Apple’s APIs do not support use of the url property of Reminders.

Technically, they have a public url property in the documentation, but as of iOS 13 / macOS 10.15 it does not actually work to set or restore values.

So, short answer, “not currently possible”.

THANKS, APPLE. I certainly appreciate you looking into it though! :slight_smile:

Any news about that?

As stated above, Apple does not support using the URL field from other apps. I do not think that is going to change.

Is the URL in the first reminder clickable? It looks like it but I cannot get it working here.